Total Pageviews

Monday 1 August 2011

Cumbria

A nice day on Saturday prompted me to head over to Cumbria in search of Fritillaries, after some investigation on the internet I deemed Roudsea Woods near Haverthwaite as the best site for Silver Washed Frits, it didn't disappoint I saw one within 5 mins and spent quite some time here photographing them, there were also a good few Brimstones about and Purple Hairstreaks in the Oaks, I flushed a Buzzard that was roosting in the wood and a couple of Ravens were perched on some Pylons that cut through. I then spent the afternoon at Arnside Knott, great place there were loads of Scotch Argus and Graylings about and a thistle patch at the top had a fair few predominately Dark Green but also a couple of High Brown Frits flying around, although they were all rather tatty individuals.


Lake Windemere




from the boardwalk








Arnside Knott






High Brown





No comments:

Post a Comment