Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 September 2011

North Cave & Blacktoft

Not back to work till next week so took advantage and had a couple of afternoon trips out, a nice sunny day on Thursday tempted me out to North Cave Wetlands for a bit of photography, it was a quiet start but things picked up a bit when I found a pair of mating Migrant Hawkers by the the Dragonfly Pool then ended very well when I got back round to the Main Lake where a juv Black and adult Arctic Tern were flying around.
















 On Friday as the forecast heavy rain didn't materialise I nipped to Blacktoft for a couple of hours, again it was fairly quiet the only wader of note was a single Spotted Redshank on Marshland Lagoon however a few Snipe were feeding right in front of the hide, its been a while since I've had any at a decent range for photography and also a young Hare came out and fed on the grass for a while.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment