Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 December 2011

Bean again

Late start due to a bad weather forecast but there was no rain this morning so I decided to go to the East coast and as the Taiga Bean Goose is still been reported from Lebberston I thought I would start there and try for that again. Once again I arrived to find no Geese in the area at all and after a bit of a search around I decided the best bet would be the pond near Flower of May Farm, there was a small flock of Wigeon here but no Geese however another birder who was there informed me a large flock of Canada Geese had dropped in earlier then moved on so I thought I would hang around and see if they or any other Geese came back and sure enough after around 40 mins five Grey Geese dropped in, four Pinkfeet and the Taiga Bean, success!, they were around for about 15 mins then flew off again. I then went on to Scarborough calling at the Mere first although it was raining quite hard by this point so I spent quite a bit of time in the car waiting for it to ease off, just the usual stuff here plus a confiding drake Red Crested Pochard but probably of suspect origins, very quiet at the Harbour with just two or three Guillemots in and further round Marine Drive a look out to sea didn’t find anything although the pair of Peregrines were patrolling the cliffs, one having a go at a Herring Gull, finished at Burton Riggs which was still half frozen but apart from a load of Gulls there was only single Great Crested Grebe and Little Egret.
Pinkfeet and Taiga Bean





Top two SLR, Digi-scoping had the edge today



nice bird, don't know about its credentials


in the Harbour


patrolling Peregrine

No comments:

Post a Comment