Total Pageviews

Friday 17 May 2013

Changes in Birding, Common stuff

I took a pleasant stroll around Strensall Common this fine sunny morning, a Spotted Flycatcher near the car park was a nice surprise, they always used to breed around that area though I haven’t seen them there for a few years now, three Buzzards were riding the thermals and being very vocal and a couple of Tree Pipits were singing away, a couple of Cuckoo's were going about their business and while trying to get close to one a couple of small birds landed right in front of me, a pair of Wood Larks, great views as they wandered around feeding no more than 5-6 feet away, another started singing close by. Now I remember when I first got serious about Birding more than 30 years ago, you would have cross the Pennines to see a Buzzard and go down to East Anglia to see a Woodlark but on the other side of the coin Tree Pipits seemed to sing from nearly every tree, well maybe thats a bit of an exaggeration but you know what I mean, Changes!.












No comments:

Post a Comment