Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 May 2013

Local stuff

Well I've been rather neglecting the local patch of late, mind you it's been very quiet through the winter but then with the advent of spring I thought it time to start checking it out again, a visit a couple of weeks ago found the first lot of Warblers arriving plus a nice female Redstart in one of the hedges on Rawcliffe Meadows. I've been down a couple of mornings this week prompted by a report of a Water Pipit on the puddle in the Cornfield NR, there was a Pipit there one morning but I flushed it before I could clinch ID there was also a Little Ringed Plover for the second year in a row, plenty of Blackcaps, Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs around the site and the Sand Martin colony is looking good.

Flowers are predominately yellow at this time of year










1 comment:

  1. Hi nige, any reason for not passing the water pipit report on?

    ReplyDelete