Total Pageviews

Friday 7 June 2013

Duke

After reading a snippet of news regarding the Duke of Burgundy Butterfly at a site on the NY Moors last weekend I did a bit of investigating, I saw them many years ago at Ashberry Pastures near Rievaulx but that colony has since died out so it was a good opportunity to catch up with this little beauty again, I gleaned some info from the Bird Clubs Butterfly man, thanks Paz, and I went to check it out after work today, it was a big area though and by the time I sussed out where the Butterflies would be the afternoon had become early evening, I managed to locate at least two and one posed for a few photos but it probably would have been better earlier in the day, a few birds typical of the area were present including a singing Tree Pipit.

 

some moths too, Common Heath

Brown Silverline

No comments:

Post a Comment