Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 September 2013

Waders

I nipped down to Blacktoft Sands on Friday for a Wader watch, plenty of mud and there was a good selection present including many mainly juv Black Tailed Godwits and a couple of Spotshanks but main highlights were Little Stint and Curlew Sandpiper, there were also quite a few Water Rails showing but only three or four Marsh Harriers, a lot have probably dispersed now, a Buzzard flew over also.








Curlew Sandpiper



It looked like today was going to be the best day of the weekend and with a bit of a Northerly blow I thought I would head to Flamborough for a morning seawatch, it was disappointingly quiet though, I didn’t get on to any Shearwaters and just had a couple of Arctic Skua's although a good few Red Throated Divers were on the move. In the afternoon I made my way to Filey Brig via North Landing, Bempton and Filey Dams but everywhere was really quiet.
Black Tailed Godwit and Dunlins at the Dams


On the Brig












No comments:

Post a Comment