Total Pageviews

Monday 28 October 2013

All quiet on the Eastern front

Fairly quiet this weekend, I decided to go to Filey first thing as there had been Snow Bunting and Twite along Carr Naze yesterday, no sign of any this morning though in the fairly windy conditions, it was certainly quiet, several Red Throated Divers on the sea were about the best of it. I carried on to the Dams where a couple of Yellow Browed Warblers had been seen yesterday but again no sign of them although eight Whooper Swans had just dropped in, first of the winter for me.  I headed off to Flamborough next and had a look around the Thornwick Bay/Holmes Gut area, another three immature Whooper Swans were on a field there but the wind had got pretty strong by then and most stuff was keeping its head down, I moved across to South Landing where I watched a Tit flock move through, but there was nothing with them, then spent a bit of time with a couple of Bar Tailed Godwits on the beach. I had originally planned to end up at Hornsea Mere and although there had been negative news on the Spotted Crake today I thought I would go anyway, it was a good move as there were a couple of winter plumaged Slavonian Grebes showing well off Kirkholme Point although by then the storm clouds were gathering and the light was dire.

the Gulls seemed to relish the windy conditions


Rock Pipit on Carr Naze



the eight Whoopers



still a few Dragonflies enjoying the sun


one of the imm Whoopers at Thornwick Bay


looking to Bempton Cliffs

Rock Pipit at South Landing


a couple of Bar Tailed Godwits on the beach







Kessy keeping an eye on things


juv Slav, Hornsea Mere


adult Slav




No comments:

Post a Comment