Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 February 2014

After work Ramblings

I was out after work this afternoon and taking some inspiration from Paz’s sightings from yesterday of a flock of 50 Brambling in a Beech Wood near Kilnwick Percy I thought I would start there, nice wood but unfortunately the only bird of note this afternoon was a Marsh Tit, I headed round to the nearby Red Kite roost at Nunburnholme next and was pleased to find several birds flying around fairly close in the afternoon sunshine so I spent some time photographing them allowing time to drop down to Skipwith Common, I arrived just as it was getting dark and was rewarded straight away with views of the recently discovered Barn Owl hunting around the eastern end of Sands Lane, there has been a dearth of sightings so far this winter so this one was my first for the year, there was also Tawny Owl calling nearby.






a really "Red" Kite in the late afternoon sun



High Spirits




No comments:

Post a Comment