Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 February 2014

White Nun

A nice fine sunny morning so I thought I'd nip over to Pugneys CP to try for the drake Smew that is wintering there, I first tried for this bird several weeks ago on the way back from the Crossbills but missed it, another chance a fortnight ago was put off because of a poor weather forecast but today was the day. I had found out in the mean time that the bird was actually favouring a stretch of the River Calder at the northern end of the CP and sure enough there it was feeding with a load of Goldeneye near to the A636 road bridge, I managed to sneak up behind a load of bushes getting reasonably close and managed to get a few shots of it, as well as the Goldeneye there were a few Tufties on the river and a reasonable selection of other waterfowl were on the Nature Reserve pool. I paid a brief visit to Askham Bogs on the way home where a Marsh Tit posed and a couple of Buzzards were mooching around.












Marsh Tit at Askham Bogs


No comments:

Post a Comment