Total Pageviews

Monday 17 March 2014

West Yorks Kites

It was another bright sunny day today albeit a little windy and with nothing in particular to go for I thought I would go to Harewood House and have a go at photographing the Red Kites, since their spread to the Wolds and beyond I haven't done this site much, I started with a walk through the main estate and once away from the path I had a pretty good session as several Kites and Buzzards performed well occasionally passing quite close, I then moved round to spot near the village of Weardley and had an even better session, superb area, I wonder if its a feeding area for them as several birds were dropping into one of the fields there. The afternoon was getting on when I decided on a change of scenery (time flies when you're enjoying yourself) and headed off to Fairburn Ings calling in at St Aidens on the way, there was a good selection of the usual suspects but apart from a small group of Whooper Swans on the Main Lake there was nothing out of the ordinary, I carried on to Fairburn where it was much the same although a pair of Kingfishers from the screen were nice to see and Green and Great Spotted Woodpeckers were around the Pick-up Hide but there is still a distinct lack of Spring migrants around these parts.
Harewood House

Red Kite country





Buzzards too

















near Weardley










St Aidens main lake


a few Whoopers


Kingfisher male

and female

Cormorant colony

No comments:

Post a Comment