Total Pageviews

Monday 16 June 2014

Wykeham

I caught up on a bit of sleep and had a later start yesterday (Sunday), not the best of afternoons to go up to Wykeham Forest looking for Honey Buzzards but for want of anything better to do I thought I’d give it a go, checked out the Nursery fields first where I managed to find three Turtle Doves in one of the fields there, a few Tree Pipits and Garden Warblers were also in the general area. Went on to the Raptor Watchpoint and spent a couple of hours scanning but there had been no sightings of Honey Buzzards prior to me arriving and nothing more than a few common Buzzards and Kestrels were seen while I was there, dropped down into Troutsdale later for a different viewpoint and had a Goshawk go over but it was a no show day for the Honeys, a pair of Spotted Flycatchers were seen near the bridge at Hilla Green.



Common Spotted Orchid

seem to be thin on the ground this year






singing his heart out by Hilla Green

No comments:

Post a Comment