Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 November 2014

East Coast seawatching

I went to Scarborough first thing hoping there may be a Little Auk in the Harbour, there wasn’t it was fairly quiet really although I had one fly by a bit later along Marine Drive, it looked to land on the sea a bit further down but I couldn’t relocate it when I got there, one of the Peregrines was sat on the cliff looking totally disinterested. After checking the Mere, also fairly quiet, I carried on to Filey and dropped down to the seawatching hide, several birders already there informed me there had been a good passage of stuff already and although I had missed the Grey Phalaropes that had flown back out to sea I saw seven or eight Pomarine Skua’s, a couple of Great Skua’s and eight or nine Little Auks one of which passed over the Brig giving reasonably close views also a lot of Red Throated Divers moving and a Great Northern off the end of the Brig, after a late lunch I went back to the end of Carr Naze for another look, a couple of Snow Buntings were seen on the way, I had a good scan but there was still no sign of any Grey Phalaropes although I had a couple more distant Little Auks sat on the sea.

Purple Sandpipers

and Turnstones in Scarborough Harbour

Peregrine on the cliff

a couple of the Pomarine Skua's passed quite close
although still too far for a decent image




a stormy Brig

several Rock Pipits were feeding close by


plus a winter Herring Gull

the close Little Auk, unfortunately by the time I got the camera
out it was passed and flying away

Snow Bunting on Carr Naze


No comments:

Post a Comment