Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Goosanders in the Park

I decided on a day in Teesside yesterday and starting at Hartlepool Fish Quay I was soon onto a juv Glaucous Gull flying around, it never landed though and flew off around the corner, I hung around for a while and managed another brief flight view but never got it on the deck. I had a look around the rest of the Headland but the best I managed was a female Velvet Scoter off Parton Rocks, there was nothing at Jackson’s Landing so I went off to photograph a couple of obliging drake Goosanders in Ward Jackson’s Park, several Ring Necked Parakeets also noisily announced their presence. I spent the afternoon pottering around Saltholme with nothing much to report.
not an easy subject with the contrast between dark head and bright body


making a splash






a fine drake Pochard as well

some nice light in the afternoon




No comments:

Post a Comment