Total Pageviews

Monday 6 April 2015

Easter in general

I was out birding Good Friday and today this weekend, Good Friday was not a good forecast but I managed a couple of hours at Swillington Ings before the heavy rain started, I failed to catch up with the Garganey and Water Pipits but three summer plumaged Black Necked Grebes were nice compensation, a Bittern was also booming away most of the time I was there. 

A nicer day was forecast for today, I decided to spend the morning at Wykeham, it was quite misty up there though but it burnt off by mid-morning, a good selection of Passerines were seen by High Brow while I was waiting for the mist to lift included several Crossbills. With visibility improving I dropped into Troutsdale, Buzzards performed well as usual and a pair of Peregrines crossed the valley but the Goshawks were disappointing with just a couple of brief sightings. I headed off to Flamborough in the afternoon, fairly quiet really I thought there may have been a few Spring migrants about, no sign of any Firecrests down Old Fall neither.
Buzzards performed well as usual



and lots of Pheasants running around

Teal at Thornwick Pools

and other general birds











Tortoiseshell of the small black legged variety unfortunately

No comments:

Post a Comment