Total Pageviews

Monday 6 July 2015

Old Moor

I had a run down to Old Moor Wetlands this morning for a male Little Bittern that had been found there in the week, a Yorkshire tick for me, the early risers had the best of the bird today it having shown really well early on but it had flown to the back of the reedbed by the time I got there, I got several decent flight views during the rest of the morning but no chance for any pics, it finally went to ground for the afternoon as per usual. I had a wander around the rest of the reserve which was relatively quiet, a Little Egret was on Field Pool and a partial eclipse American Wigeon on Wath Ings was notable, not many Waders around yet, then finished off at Broomhill Flash where I finally caught up with another rare Duck for the year.




Yankee Wigeon


No comments:

Post a Comment