Total Pageviews

Friday 22 April 2016

Patch Tick

Taking Maggie (the dog) for a walk on the Ings this afternoon, it having been a good week for Raptors, a pair of Peregrines, at least four Buzzards, two Sparrowhawks and a Kestrel, we had done the rounds and I was having one last look over the Cornfield NR before we left when I espied two large birds coming over, I thought surely not but they were, two Common Cranes, I really need to get another pocket camera though, my old one packed in last year, because they were quite low at first and I could have got a record shot, they headed off over Clifton Ings circling and gaining height before slowly drifting off Westwards, all in all I was watching them for around ten mins, it was interesting to note one had been seen over the LDV this morning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment