Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 July 2016

North Yorks Forest and Moors

Another quiet weekend birdwise so I decided on a day in the North Yorks Forest with Raptors in mind then the Moors with Dragonflies in mind, rather than viewing from the usual watchpoint I thought I would try it from a different perspective and took a drive around the Langdale Forest, highlights were a juv Cuckoo with its Meadow Pipit parents, a small flock of Crossbills touring around and large flock of Swifts and Hirundines feeding around Stoney Rigg, Raptors were a bit thin on the ground although I did eventually get two or three Buzzards and a male Goshawk carrying prey as I was leaving. A drive through Troutsdale was fairly uneventful and upon arriving at Fen Bog the afternoon started to cloud up and although a few Butterflies were still flying I didn’t see any Dragonflies, a Slow Worm was a good find though, I then took a scenic drive around to Tranmire Bogs in Wheeldale but with no sign of the sun reappearing it was a similar story there, I called it a day.



Buzzard being buzzed by a Swallow



Hilla Green



Slow Worm was a good find


Fen Bog

Quite a few of these little micro Moths about


No comments:

Post a Comment