Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 January 2017

Adwick Thrush

A planned afternoon trip to North Cave Wetlands was all changed when a Black Throated Thrush was discovered at Adwick Washlands in the Dearne Valley this morning, I arrived early afternoon to find the bird had unfortunately flown off with a load of Redwing, I pottered around the area for a while chatting with a few familiar faces including some of the Rochdale crew then after an hour or more news filtered through that the Thrush had been relocated in a field on the outskirts of Adwick village and after a bit of a muddy route march I eventually got some views of it, a bit distant and not the best views of a Black Throated Thrush I’ve ever had but I managed some views through a couple of scopes and they were good enough for a year tick, ran out of time for any other birding in the area and no pics taken today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment