Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 January 2017

Banana bill run around

Day off today and I decided to go down into Lincolnshire where a juv White Billed Diver has been found on the River Witham north of Woodhall Spa, spurred on by an early report of it just south of Southrey I opted to park at the old station at Stixwould just in case it came south, I headed north towards Southrey eventually meeting a load of birders who glumly told me it hadn’t been seen since the  initial sighting and no one was sure whether it had gone north or south, birders arriving from the south hadn’t seen it but some others were investigating northwards, I decided to head back to the car for lunch, as I finished lunch news came over it had been refound right up at Bardney so I shot off there, got parked up and headed north again eventually running into some returning birders who thought it was coming south again but unbelievably had been lost to view again, a few of us who couldn’t believe it had got past us as we had walked up hung around for a while just in case it had doublebacked but after a while I deemed it must have got past and as I walked back towards Bardney a message came through confirming the bird was now south of the village and drifting south, I returned to the car shot back to Southrey and walked north to meet it which I thankfully did, just a shame the weather remained pretty murky all day on top of it giving me the run around, a very good inland record though and photographic opportunity, would have been better had the sun burned through but you can't win em all.

what a bill







1 comment:

  1. FileyBeach is unmistakable rental lodges organizations provider in Filey rehearse for beautiful sea see event cottage, get best event house on rent in Filey. we are by and large serving in the distinctive decisions related to The Bay Filey, selfcatering event houses filey, Filey Holiday lodges, Filey Cottages, Holiday lodges filey, Bay Filey and Cottages in Filey.

    ReplyDelete